Friday, November 18, 2011

Running for Charity!



I'm interrupting the travel log of our trip to Ireland to share some exciting family news!

My sister-in-law, Kim, ran her first marathon last Sunday, Nov 13 in Richmond, Virginia! Kim ran to benefit her sister Allison's charitable foundation Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation . Allison founded this entity in 2001. Both Allison and her Dad, Dick (who is one of my favorite guys ever!) suffer from Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT). To find out more about CMT and to read a detailed account of Kim's marathon accomplishment, Click Here



On Sunday evening Kim reported:

I ran the marathon in 5 hours and 41 minutes.
It was a fabulous experience. I am really sore but still in amazement of what i did!!!


Here's my niece, Kate cheering her Mom on to the finish line:



And my Brother, Chalie with Kate and Allison (founder of HNF) lending support for Kim's herculean effort!:




This is a huge accomplishment for Kim - one I know she is very proud of. The entire family shares that pride! I'm hoping to cheer her on in person one of these days... Perhaps when we move back East :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment