Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Tutu



I'd been putting off a project for 6 months - the 'No-Sew' Tutu - and last week I finally got around to it. Josie loves ballet and she loves playing dress-up. High on her list of requests was a new tutu to wear with her black leotard. I priced them out on-line. While performing the search for 'Tutus', I came across a number of blogs/websites that gave directions for a homemade version that required no sewing. That's right up my alley, since even with a sewing machine I can't manage a straight seam!

The version above was made with black and silver tulle, a 3/4 inch piece of elastic, and some sparkly silver trim. I hit a sale at JoAnn Fabrics so the final cost was around $5.00 It took me about an hour to assemble it. I'll admit, it's not the most beautiful tutu I've ever seen. However, for playing dress-up it fits the bill. Josie loves anything 'sparkly' and she doesn't seem to mind that it isn't perfect. I plan on making another (better) one for her by employing my 'lessons learned' on the current one.

We're on our final countdown to our visit to the East Coast. Just 4 more 'sleeps' and we will be on the way. We arrive in Baltimore at 1AM Friday. We'll catch a few hours sleep at Aunt Claudine's house then head down to PopPop & Grandmom's house at the shore. But, before we can do that... laundry must be done :-( I figure you can guess how my day will be spent!

Have a wonderful final week of July! Stay cool!

1 comment: