Monday, May 17, 2010

Playing Catch-Up



Today is an extremely rare rainy day here in Southern Orange County. It's a good thing, as I don't feel compelled to be outdoors or 'making the most of daylight'! I've been juggling a few projects here at home - all of which keep me bound to my computer. Since the move, we no longer have an 'office' and my desk is now located upstairs in my bedroom. The difficulty in this situation is that Josie's world is located downstairs in the Family Room... her art supplies, Barbies, the TV. You get the picture...!

I'll have to backtrack a bit to report what's been going on lately. First off, Mother's Day!! I enjoyed a 'Mother's Day Tea' hosted by Josie's pre-school class on Friday, May 7th. All the Moms were treated like royalty! We were served ice tea, cookies and heart-shaped brownies by our children. We were also treated to a live performance of the 'Butterfly song'. Finally, we were given the most beautiful art creations known to Moms - paintings of butterflies, little books entitled "Let me count the ways I love you" and drawings covered with X's and O's !!



The following day, Saturday, I worked on a photo book for the teachers of Josie's class. Gotta love how iPhoto makes creating the book so easy! Collecting the photos from the parents and getting them in chronological order was a bit more challenging. The book is about 80% complete - I have only to add photos from the school's Family Luau being held this coming Saturday.

While I worked on that project, James and Josie headed up to 'Farm Day' at James' alma mater - Cal Poly Pomona. Josie had a ball - there was so much going on! They had pony rides, a dog show, tours of the gardens and tractor rides!











By looking at these photos, one would think we only have one daughter. Maddie keeps her weekends jam-packed with activities that revolve around school and her girlfriends. We were quite pleased to have her around the house this past weekend. It was nice to have a helping hand while I tried to get the house straightened up and laundry done. Another plus is having Maddie on hand to update my iPod with the newest songs. I heard some good ones this past weekend and all I had to do was yell "Oooh, I like that one!" and she hooked me up! Nice!

On Saturday evening, Fred joined us for a barbecue dinner and a nice pit fire after dinner. Maddie's friend, Hailey joined us a bit later. We roasted marshmallows, made S'mores and enjoyed the laid-back comfort of not having to go anywhere or do anything... very nice!





Yesterday, James and Josie took off for Disneyland. I'll tell you, those two are really getting their moneys-worth out of the annual passes! I don't have the patience for weekly trips to Disneyland, so James is more than happy to pull 'Dad Duty' when Disneyland is an option!



I have one more project to finish up this week, then I should be able to get back to my routine of blogging at least once a week... I'm finding out though, Facebook is also jamming up some of my free time. It's like reading mini-blogs by all my friends and I get sucked in. Only thing that bothers me about FB is some of the cryptic messages that some folks post.. Frustrating! I feel like I'm missing out on some personal joke. Anyway, if that's all I have to complain about these days then Life is Good!!!
Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet pictures of Josie! Looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend....it's been WAY too long!

    ReplyDelete