Monday, July 27, 2009

The Goodbyes Begin




Our Carpool Partners: (l to r) Steve, Charlie, Josie, Joe and Maddie


It feels like we've been saying goodbye since we found out we had to move. It has been a heartbreaking, two month process. The past 7 days have been filled with such fun & sadness. Last Thursday, our neighbors Brett & Nora, had us over for a barbecue. We celebrated their oldest son's (Jonathan) high school graduation with them 3 years ago. Their daughter, Eryn, is off to college next month and youngest son, Jason starts high school this Fall. I really wanted to be on hand to see how the kids are growing into adulthood. James always sought advice from Brett regarding the raising of a teen aged daughter. They have raised such lovely kids and we are going to miss them.

On Friday night our carpool partners and friends, Tom & Mary had us over for a lovely lasagna dinner. Josie and Joe get along famously and Maddie and Charlie (pictured above) started at their new high school together. Maddie & Charlie developed a really great friendship and I personally will miss my long drives with them. Mostly what I miss is the laughter that we all shared while sitting in traffic, singing and rapping with the radio, and hearing a teen agers thoughts on the day. Charlie made the phrase "fo shizzle" a part of our everyday language. Guaranteed to bring a smile to all our faces. Tom & Mary have so much to be proud of with their boys. They are all terrific people.

On Thursday, we had what we thought was our last playgroup with Josie's preschool friends... But, we are all so unwilling to be separated , that we scheduled a family dinner at Jamie's on Sunday night. Here are a few photos from our swimming play date last Thursday ...


JoJo with her 'real' smile


Dave and daughter Emma


Dave, Emma & Josie


Maddie and Madison chillin'


Maria and Meagan


Josie says goodbye to Miss Tammy, one of her preschool teachers


My Girlz: Lori, Sharon and Jamie


All the Girls playing in the shallow end

The PPM's (Preschool Posse Moms) are throwing me a Farewell girls night on Wednesday. That's the day the movers begin packing up the house. Hope I make it through the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michele -

    It's so sad to see you go. Thank you for being such a great carpool partner. I will definitely keep in touch and if the boys ever want to go to California...I'll know where to send them!!

    The Miller Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you have to leave such wonderful friends and family, as you make your way towards the next chapter in your lives. Moving is always such a hard thing to do.

    Here's wishing you safe travels, ease in getting settled in your new home, and many opportunities to meet and make more friends. You can never have too many friends.

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding the words to say good bye to my dear sweet mocca latte chocolate friend is to hard to put down in print. My heart is broken that I will loose you but on the other hand I so happy and blessed to have you in life and my family's life. YOU will be missed everyday and I will not forget you ever. YOU will always have a safe place to land here at The Kenney's house and we will miss Josie sweet smile and seeing Maddie growing up. When we first met last Sept you have brought so much happiness/joy/love into my life and my girls lives and I will forever be indebted to you for your spirit/love of life and your kindness that shows in EVERYTHING YOU DO...My heart is very sad that I will loose you but on the same hand I am so happy that you will go as a family. Fair winds and following seas dear sweet Michele.. I will miss you everyday... Much love and blessings to you always.. Be safe and stay strong... Blessings and happy thoughts always.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete